Join our Eco Education Project on the Perhentian Islands as our project assistant.
Encourage and engage the students in citizen science and help them explore their amazing tropical islands.
Location: Perhentian Islands, Malaysia
Category: Marine Eco Education
Job Type: Project Assistant
Contract Length: 8 Months (opportunity to extend)
Application Closing Date: CLOSED for 2021
Start Date: March 2022
As the Project Manager Assistant, you will be assisting the Manager in developing our work within the Environmental Education and around the Perhentian Islands. You will be seen as the face of the project and this should be considered at all times. When representing Fuze Ecoteer you should display a professional standard whilst remain open and accessible to the community in which we operate.
You will be responsible for assisting the Manager to coordinate the team to implement and improve ongoing Environmental Education at the school, within the community and the tourism industry. One key task is to follow up the development of the school club activities and to keep track of the impact and assessment. Other areas include leading community programme such as recycling system, events in the village and maintain a good relationship with the stakeholder.
- To ensure Fuze-Ecoteer’s School clubs are successfully performed.
- To keep track and record the assessment of the impact of the school clubs & stats and report to the Manager.
- To make sure the lesson plans and module of the school club developed by the Manager is followed trough by the interns.
- To ensure all children have suitable permission slips from their parents and that the volunteers behave responsibly.
- Complete a monthly report for the project.
- Ensure the upkeep and cleanliness of the house.
- To develop the house as an example for sustainable practices –ie recycling etc
- To ensure the interns and volunteers keep the bedrooms, kitchen and living areas clean.
- Weekly thorough clean of the house
- To keep good relationship with all the stakeholders in Perhentian especially in the village i.e the villagehead, school, PILA and boatman association.
- To assist the manager in running the recycling system in the village as well as heading the recycling machine placed at the school.
- To attend all events held in the village
Volunteers & Groups
- Leading the interns to facilitate the volunteer program, ensuring the safety and well being of participants at all times.
- Assist Manager in undertake inspections and assessments of accommodation and planned activities prior to the volunteer’s arrival.
- Ensure all bookings are made for the program components, including boats, Malay dinners and snorkel tours for volunteers & groups.
- Be accessible to the volunteer at all times.
- Rm500 per month allowance
- Free accommodation – you will live in the project house, sharing a room with at most 3 other people and have access to communal food shared with team members and volunteers.
- Free food – You’ll get access to communal staff food at the PTP House where you’ll be expected to muck in and help cook. Plus treat yourself to some delicious local cuisine from around the village or when attending Malay dinners with our volunteers.
- Free Wifi available in the Ecoteer House.
- 1 day off per week with an additional block of 7 days off every 90 days during project season (Mar to Nov).
- All work-related expenses within the islands (Unfortunately this doesn’t include your travel to or from the Kuala Besut jetty)
How To Apply for this Assistant Role
Please submit your CV, and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
For more information or if you have any further questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep up to date with all volunteer, internship and career opportunities, sign up to our mailing list here.
If that’s not enough to convince you, check out this video of the project. It’ll give you a pretty good idea about what you’ll be getting up to.