MERCHANDISE MARKETING AND SALES INTERNship
Join our Precious Plastic Merchandise internship and directly help reduce marine and ocean litter.
Project: Precious Plastic Recycling Project
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job Type: Precious Plastic Merchandise Internship – Marketing and Sales
Contract Length: 2 months
Start Date: Ongoing
Precious Plastic Recycling Project
The aim of the project is to recycle as much plastic as possible found during clean ups around Malaysia. There is a precious plastic machine in KL, one in Perhentian and soon one to be positioned in Cherating. The short term goal is to drive consistent sales and big regular orders so by the middle of 2021 the sales are enough to support 3 full time working machines which are then recycling ocean plastic across Malaysia. Find out more about our shop here and Precious Plastic in general here.
The Role of the Precious Plastic Merchandise Internship
During this marketing internship you will take the role as the Precious Plastic merchandise, marketing and sales co-ordinator, you will be managing online and offline sales and developing the marketing of the products. This role is preferably to be based at home with weekly meetings in Kl/Selangor, Malaysia or virtually and they will be working with our small marketing and sales team in KL. You will need your own laptop and internet connection.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
■ Write articles about our projects to be posted on various online and offline media.
■ Develop nice photos and videos to help market our products.
■ Develop Point of Sales info to be used during events and to help promote sales for third parties.
■ Upload and manage products on various online platforms such as WooCommerce, Etsy, Lazada and new ones.
■ Write to organisations to ask them if they are keen to stock and sell our items – dive centres, aquariums, coffee shops, corporate gifts etc
■ Help third parties to sell our products by supporting them.
■ Write a monthly report for both marketing and sales.
■ Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English
■ Have your own laptop and internet connection.
■ Knowledge of languages such as Bahasa Malaysia an advantage, but not essential
■ Good organizational skills are essential
■ Good digital and social media skills.
■ Ability to think creatively and innovatively
■ Ability to create and edit photos and videos
■ Able to work remotely will meet with the team once a week.
- Passion for writing and ocean plastic issues.
- Able to write well in english.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 3 months.
- Highly organised and ability to work to a schedule.
- Team player but also comfortable working independently.
- Efficient time management skills and able to meet deadlines.
- Good attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable to various environment and culture.
- IT competency.
- Free Wifi at our project site in Perhentian if you visit.
- Allowance of RM250 per month from the 7 months onwards if you are able to commit to a longer-term internship.
- All work-related expenses (Once successfully been accepted for the role).
- Work closely with the Perhentian Projects
How To Apply
Please submit your CV, and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or if you have any further questions about the role please email email@example.com