Perhentian Turtle Project Marketing internship
Join the Perhentian Turtle Project team and help lead their
social media and other marketing campaigns
Job Type: Internship
Contract Length: 6-9 Months
Application Closing Date: 1st December 2022
Start Date: March to June and July to October 2023. You can apply to stay from March to October if you wish.
Love turtles and marketing? Want to help spread awareness and support the efforts of the Perhentian turtle project? If so join us as a virtual intern.
The Marketing Coordinator Intern will be based at home and partake in a virtual position, they will work alongside the Project Manager of Perhentian Turtle Project. You will be helping to spread awareness about the PTP’s conservation efforts, uplift the online visibility and building the brand and promote the marketing strategy through developing relationships and working on content with other parties. You will be able to contact the conservation teams who are equally passionate about conservation, helping them to raise awareness and promoting their amazing programmes. This role is very important as it will help to build the presence of the Perhentian Turtle Project in the online world and promote a healthy, conservation focused lifestyle. The Marketing Coordinator will be based at home but will travel to Perhentian Island when necessary.
- Must have an interest and passion for sea turtle and marine conservation and the work of Fuze Ecoteer
- Good level of content creativity and the understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques including keyword analysis and search engine optimisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a passion for marketing and designing
- Strong personal WIFI connection and can be reached within working hours
- Experience in public outreach and engagement preferred
- The candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team to develop and market the conservation projects with minimal supervision
- Strong leadership skills and ability to multitask is preferred
- Must possess efficient time management and organisation skills to meet set deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and graphic designing
- Familiarity with designing and marketing computer software and/or online applications.
- Fluency in social media, especially experience making engaging and professional posts preferred – please provide example(s).
Key duties and responsibilities of the internship
- Report to the PTP Project Manager but also work closely with the PTP team in Perhentian Island.
- Help in designing and presenting new social media campaign ideas and brandkit
- Have an eye on the aesthetic and eye-pleasing designs
- Collecting quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Daily engagement with the potential stakeholders and clients through social media interaction (e.g. reply, tag, comment)
- Brainstorm and plan the social media schedule, and post on the time desired
- Assist in social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback
- Assist with the planning and hosting of marketing events, if any
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content
- Provide adequate notice of any travel needed whether work-related or personal
- Ensure a good level of communication between yourself, project manager and the PTP team at all times.
- All photos and footage whilst taken during the internship must be shared with Fuze Ecoteer as co-owners with yourself.
If that’s not enough to convince you then check out this video of the project.