Outdoor education Freelance Facilitator
Join the Fuze Ecoteer team and help facilitate and
lead groups of students through adventure and conservation activities.
Location: Peninsular Malaysia
Category: Outdoor Adventure Groups
Job Type: Freelance
Contract Length: Rolling
Start Date: Ongoing
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Outgoing, love working with people and have a keen interest in outdoor education? Become a full time outdoor education facilitator with Fuze Ecoteer and share your passions with school, university and corporate participants all over Malaysia.
Whats in it for you?
You will visit incredible destinations in Malaysia such as the Perhentian Islands and the rainforests of Merapoh to deliver group activities. To get an idea of what we do, visit our school trips page here. There’s a loads of additional benefits with this Outdoor Education role.
- Ensure the project equipment are well-maintained and kept.
- Follow agreed timetables to deliver work in a timely fashion.
- Be a professional example of a leader and conservationist to local community members, participants and colleagues.
- Adherence to all safety measures, protocols, procedures and budgets as directed by Fuze Ecoteer.
- Any other duties that may be required including helping with cover for colleague’s leave and illness, shop for project supplies (e.g. food and cleaning supplies), and participate in local/island events.
- Daily commission for days on course – the commission is from Rm100 to RM200 depending on your role and experience.
- Travel, accommodation and food whilst on course.
- Written reference letter upon completion of internship. We’ll do our best to help you land your dream job
What we need from you
To apply for this role you’ll need to meet a few requirements and most importantly be willing and committed to get stuck in.
- Outgoing person comfortable interacting with people from differing backgrounds and cultures
- Experience working outdoors with an excellent level of fitness
- Confident communicator and motivator
- Passionate about conservation and community issues and research
- Highly organised and ability to work to a schedule
- Team player but also comfortable working independently
- Willing to learn new skills and flexible and adaptable to challenging situations
- Efficient time management skills and able to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of all Fuze Ecoteer projects in Malaysia
- Fluent written and spoken English. Ability to speak Bahasa Malay is desirable but not essential
- First Aid trained or willing to undertake a course
- IT competency.
How To Apply
Please submit your CV, and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
For more information or if you have any further questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the video below to see what you will get up to whilst on the Outdoor Education Internship