Upcycling PRODUCTION Internship
Want to reduce ocean and river waste plastics? Creative and want to design new products?
If yes then this Upcycling Internship is for you.
You will need to clean lots of rivers and beaches.
Location: Klang Valley, KL, Malaysia
Category: UPCYCLED by FE
Job Type: Internship
Contract Length: Min 2 months – Starting Ongoing
Start Date: Ongoing
Upcycled by Fuze Ecoteer, a project under the pioneering social enterprise Fuze Ecoteer, is dedicated to increase recycling rates in PPR Lembah Subang, located on the banks of Kayu Ara River. Our aim is to develop environmental stewardship within the communities of PPR Lembah Subang through precious plastic business models. As such, Upcycled by FE is seeking for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join us as a Precious Plastic Project Assistant. This is an exceptional opportunity to take the lead in an impactful project aimed at. As a project assistant, you will be responsible for creating a culture of recycling, addressing waste issues in Malaysia’s rivers and oceans, specifically in PPR Lembah Subang, which is notorious for being the dirtiest PPR in Malaysia.
This is an exciting Upcycling Internship opportunity for people who want to tackle the plastic issues in Malaysia with a focus on the Kayu Ara River. Visit our shop to see what we make – www.fuze-ecoteer.com/ethical-shop
Upcycling Internship Key Duties
- Support the organization and execution of Upcycled events, including clean-ups, precious plastic workshops, and other related activities.
- Coordinate clean-up initiatives with local groups, schools, companies, and other relevant stakeholders to actively engage the community in waste reduction efforts.
- Assist the manager in the day-to-day operations of Upcycled tasks, ensuring smooth project implementation.
- Supporting or leading in grant writing and project management, through the development and execution of SMART goals.
- Local stakeholder management, including community members at Lembah Subang PPR to highlight and develop eco-education and awareness projects
- Communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and the wider community to raise awareness and foster a sense of shared responsibility toward waste reduction.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively engage with diverse stakeholders and convey the mission and objectives of the project.
- Demonstrated passion and dedication to reducing waste plastic issues and contributing to environmental conservation efforts.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively to identify and implement effective solutions to waste management challenges.
- Willingness to work on-site in the Klang Valley, specifically TTDI, KL, on a daily basis, ensuring close proximity to project operations.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work within defined timelines by developing Gantt charts and schedules.
How To Apply
Please submit your CV, and Cover Letter to email@example.com and please include the title of the role you are applying for.
For more information or if you have any further questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If that’s not enough to convince you, check out this video of the project. It’ll give you a pretty good idea about what you’ll be up to.