Location: Klang Valley, KL, Malaysia
Category: UPCYCLED by FE
Job Type: Internship
Contract Length: Min 2 months
Start Date: Anytime
Upcycled is a river plastic waste upcycling project started by Fuze Ecoteer Outdoor Adventures Sdn Bhd focused on the solid waste in Sungai Penchala, TTDI. Our aim is to remove the waste from the river and engage the residents along the river on the importance of proper management of their solid waste especially plastic waste.
Fuze Ecoteer is looking for a hard-working and passionate individual who is interested in gaining experience and knowledge by being part of an urban river conservation project. The small and budding project and recycling machine is based on the second floor of a shop lot at Taman Tun Dr Ismail (TTDI). This project offers hands-on experience with recycling plastic waste and public outreach and engagement with stakeholders as well as planning strategies and targets as a newly started project.
As a tourism intern, you will be designing, developing, marketing, promoting and managing a tourism product that connects people back to nature. We are planning on a product that allows the local community to host and lead tourists on visits to the project sites as well as activities with the community such as river clean ups, recycling workshops and cultural sessions.
- Create a tourism product to connect people to nature.
- Manage social media presence on Instagram – moderate comments, promote events, plan and post updates.
- Promote and market precious plastic products made from recycled plastics.
- Assisting the project manager on any on-site/off-site tasks if necessary.
Flexible as necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Currently enrolled in any Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree program related to tourism
- Able to work in small teams and independently without continuous supervision.
- Able to creatively create posters and banners for social media.
This position is a good opportunity to get involved in a start-up conservation project that will allow you to grow alongside the project. There is no allowance or accommodation provided, therefore we are looking for those who can work in TTDI/Kg Sg Penchala.
If that’s not enough to convince you, check out this video of the project. It’ll give you a pretty good idea about what you’ll be up to.